BÖHLER K360 ISODUR is a further development of the 8% chromium steels and has been developed to meet the needs of our customers now more than ever before. A Remarkably high wear resistance together with good compressive strength makes this steel a real problem-solver.
- excellent wear resistance in combination with high toughness and good compressive strength
- very good resistance to tempering
- Secondary-hardening cold work tool steel with good dimensional stability
- very well suited to salt-bath, gas and plasma nitriding
- can be PVD coated well
- well suited to vacuum hardening
- thanks to the chemical composition and the manufacturing process, this steel has finer distributed carbides than ledeburitic 12% Cr-steels.
Chemical composition (average %)